Elmer’s Big Heart of Kent Parade offers you the opportunity to explore Maidstone on foot this summer. You, your friends, colleagues and family can walk around six miles across the town centre, river path and beautiful parks finding 81 uniquely designed large and small Elmer sculptures. Using the official Parade app, you can record all your walking adventures as an individual or together as a team and be part of our Pedometer Challenge.
There will be prizes for the top three individuals, and the top three teams will win an Elmer trophy. Remember this is a great opportunity to get yourself, or your team motivated to walk as much as possible and to get yourself sponsored to help make a difference to your local Hospice.
Our Official Health and Wellbeing Partner Paydens Group are supporting the Parade this summer and everyone getting active using the Parade Pedometer.
Did you know just 30 minutes of walking every day can increase cardiovascular fitness, strengthen bones, reduce excess body fat, boost muscle power, endurance and mental health. Let’s get walking!
How to take part:
Are you, or your team, ready to compete and become a Pedometer Challenger this summer?
- Register for free as an individual or team here (max 10 per team). Please note: If you are signing up as a team, you will need the email addresses of your team members to add to your created team.
- Once you’ve registered download Elmer’s Big Heart of Kent Parade app from Google Play or the App Store.
- Create your app account, enable the app to access your motion & fitness activity and turn on the pedometer feature which will count your steps (make sure the slider feature is blue).
- Challenge starts Saturday 19 June 2021.
- Last date to record any steps is Sunday 22 August 2021.
- Get walking!
- By 5:00pm Tuesday 24 August we need to know how many steps you / your team have walked.
- To do this on the app go to Stats (My Stats) and simply click ‘share’ your total number of steps in the Stats page (My Stats) and email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are part of a team all your team members must email this individually.
- On Friday 27 August, the top 10 steppers, both individual and team leader boards will be revealed here.
To make it even more competitive you could also fundraise at the same time and see who raises the most. To set up your fundraising page visit https://hokh.enthuse.com/cf/pedometer-challenge and click on ‘Fundraise for us’
What are you waiting for? Let’s get going, every step counts!